An igloo ice maker is a great addition to any restaurant, hotel, RV, boat, or home.
Ice is one of those things that everyone needs, but few people want to buy at the store.
Here is a quick guide to buying the right igloo ice maker for your needs.
|Northair Stainless Steel Portable Countertop Ice Maker||Best Overall|
|Igloo ICEB26RR Automatic Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker Machine||Budget Pick|
|Igloo 49271 Party Bar Cooler||Upgrade Pick|
1. Northair Stainless Steel Portable Countertop Ice Maker
- Simple to use
- Made of durable stainless steel
- Affordable compared to other ice makers
- Environmentally friendly
- Great customer service
- Simple to put together
- Easy to use and makes ice quickly
- Can be noisy
- Ice production rate is dependent on internal temperature
- Ice cubes might be small to some people, so they don’t fit in a lot of ice cube trays.
- Not the sleekest design on the market
The Northair 26 lb. ice maker model is the best portable ice maker out there. The price point and the pound-per-24-hours capacity are enough to show the value of purchasing this model over all the others.
This machine is portable, battery operated, has a removable bin, and holds enough ice to satisfy most households. It’s an attractive option, too, as it’s simple, easy to use, and nice to look at. The small footprint also means it’s great for tight spaces like hotel rooms.
The air-cooled water chiller made out of stainless steel makes it durable and long-lasting. It’s also an eco-friendly choice, as it has zero power consumption, and leaves no water waste.
2. Igloo ICEB26RR Automatic Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker Machine
- Great for small parties
- Portable design
- Affordable and effective
- Takes up less space than you’d expect
- Ice is of good quality
- Relatively noisy
- Cubes aren’t uniform in size
- Plastic casing is flimsy and appears to be made of cheap plastic
Party, Home, and More.
If you’re looking to purchase a portable ice maker, the Igloo ICEB26RR is ideally suited to your needs. This ice maker is compact and takes up less space than you’d think. It’s also easy to store and move around. Made with the best quality plastic for the casing, this ice maker is durable yet lightweight.
This ice maker produces 26 pounds of ice in 24 hours and includes a built-in storage basket. Not only that, it’s also easy to use. Fill the water reservoir, turn it on, and go on with your day. The ice cubes are ready in about 7 minutes, and the ice maker will shut off when it’s done.
3. Igloo ICEB26AQ Automatic Portable Electric Countertop Ice Maker Machine
- Good enough capacity
- Enough ice for personal use
- Timer is handy
- Not too big
- Cramped design
- Ice can be hard to push out of the tray
Sports Drinks, And MORE!
The Igloo ICEB26AQ is a name that is synonymous with ice machines and the Igloo ICEB26AQ is a top selling product that is praised by many. This product can produce up to 26 pounds of ice per day, which should be enough for the average homeowner. It’s also easy to operate, producing 9 cubes every 7 minutes, putting out ice on the fast track.
The Igloo ICEB26AQ holds 2.25 pounds of ice if you’re using a standard cube, which is five cubes in total if you use it as it was intended. Though this model does require a lot of ice if you want to produce large quantities of ice, it certainly does the job.
4. Igloo Portable Countertop Ice Maker
- Snap-N-Fill design allows super-easy ice making
- Compact and stores easily
- 26 lbs of produced ice everyday
- Easy to use
- 1.5" x 9.5" x 12.8" dimensions
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Makes up to 26 pounds of ice a day
- Produces ice in as little as 10 minutes
- Great for home, office, parties, etc.
- Makes one to seven pounds of ice in as little as 10 minutes
5. RCA Ice Makers
- Easy To Use
- Easy To Clean
- Can Be Slow
- Doesn’t Maintain Temperature
- Really Only Needed For Large Parties
When it comes to finding the best single ice maker reviews to consider, it’s tough to go past the RCA red ice makers from Igloo.
The RCA series is an inexpensive way to get many servings of ice on demand. It features a slide-out ice tray for easy removal, and an LED light with two settings. The light can be turned off or on low or high.
The RCA is just 2.5 inches thick and works best for large parties (at over 100 people) and for ice lovers who want to have a stockpile for regular use.
6. Igloo 49271 Party Bar Cooler
- Fully automatic
- Small, compact size
- Includes convenient serving tray
- Durable enough to use indoors and outdoors
- Stylish design for a cooler
- Strong enough so that it can hold a large quantity of drinks
- Includes review/talkback section so you can talk directly to the manufacturer
- Easy to use remote control
- Stylish LCD display with blue backlit light
- Not as quiet as advertised
- Only makes one-liter bottles at a time
- Takes up more space than other ice makers
- Produces noise while in sleep mode
Boasting rave reviews from its users, the Igloo Party Bar Cooler and LiddUp Ice Maker with remote offers the best bang for your buck.
This ice maker is perfect if you often find yourself entertaining guests and throwing parties, but you don’t want to have to pay an arm and a leg for a professional bartender. All you need to do is download the LiddUp application on your smartphone and you can make your own personal drinks from the ice freezer Cooler.
7. Igloo ICEC33SB 33-Pound Large Capacity Automatic Portable Countertop Clear Ice Cube Maker
- Great for parties
- Reasonably priced
- Sleek design
- Doesn’t take much space on your countertop
- Simple to use
- Can produce up to 26 pounds of ice daily
- Makes enough ice to last through the weekend
- Comes with a window that tells you the water level
- Convenient drainage spout
- Quiet operation
- Chances of getting smelly and moldy ice is high
- Ice tends to clump
- Dimensions at 90 x 22 x 23 inches is rather large
- The ice seams are not cubed
- The ice bucket catches the water overflowing from the ice tray, but the holes are not enough to allow for fast drainage
The Igloo ICE33ICECUBE is a stunning blackice maker machine that produces enjoyable clear ice cubes for parties and other events. Out of the numerous customers who have purchased this ice cube maker, more than 75% gave four or five stars as their rating.
The product has the dimensions of 24 x 40 x 25 inches and weighs about 17.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best portable ice maker?
Without a doubt, Igloo is the top brand for portable ice makers. They offer the strongest models on the consumer market that boast powerful performance and impressive consistency.
If you are looking for a compact device for occasional use, then the Igloo Portable Ice Maker is a great choice. If you want something that can ice a large party, then the Igloo Ice Pony is perfect. The Ice Pony II is even bigger and more powerful, and it can produce up to 5 pounds of ice per day.
On a related note, ice trays are not the most efficient way to make ice at home. They do produce ice, but they are inefficient, energy hungry, and mess your freezer up. That's why we prefer something more modern.
Who makes Igloo ice makers?
Igloo’s ice makers are manufactured by a variety of different companies. The company handles the distribution of numerous ice maker brands under the Igloo name. The two leading manufacturers of ice makers for Igloo are Scotsman and Whirlpool. These two companies manufacture almost every model of Igloo ice maker.
Scotsman is formerly Aishco, Ingersoll Rand and Scotsman. Whirlpool acquired Scotsman in September 2014.
Scotsman produces ice makers under the Scotsman, Scotsman Pro, Inverter, AI-100, and Ice-O-Matic brands.
Whirlpool manufacturers ice makers under the Whirlpool, O'Keefe & Merritt, Norge, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Roper, and Estate brands.
How long does Igloo ice maker take?
No matter which model you choose, these ice makers can produce up to 26 pounds of ice in a single day.
You won’t have to wa