Having a bathroom (or even a powder room) in your home is a luxury for most of us. It may feel like a necessary evil, especially when you have a family to take care of. The bathroom can be utilitarian hodgepodge of multiple grooming items, toiletries, shampoos, hair spray, and half used bottles of lotions, medications, and more.
Securing a bathroom remodel is a great way to cleanup that crazy mess and regain control of your daily schedule. Here we have compiled our best shower panels & tower systems that will act as a guide for you to follow.
1. Blue Ocean 52" Aluminum SPA392M Shower Panel Tower
- Good Value for the price
- Works with any shower head and wall mount
- Excellent customer service
- Available in various finishes
- Doesn’t stop the water flow completely for safety reasons
- Rainfall shower could be better
Water Saving Diverter, and Six 3' Hose.
This shower panel comes with a 60" elliptical rain shower head and six 3' chrome hoses. The rain shower head gives you multiple settings, allowing you to select the ideal one for you. Since it’s not a fixed setting, you can change it depending on where you position the shower head. For example you can have the shower head pointed towards you for a gentle setting in the morning, or you can point it at the back wall for a concentrated jetsetting experience.
The panel system uses a diverter with digital settings, and at maximum flow it can give you 3.5 gallons per minute. This amount of water is more than enough, so you won’t have to worry about the shower reducing the pressure of your incoming water supply. The panel is also compatible with other shower heads you might already have which is always a plus.
2. ELLO&ALLO LED Shower Panel Tower System
- Completely Waterproof Shower
- Control shower water with the touch of your finger
- You can focus water on any area of your body with ease
- Provides you a great sense of relief when you are in the shower
- The best shower experience with 8 massage spray channels
- Easy to install
- The water can be adjusted as the temperature is adjustable
- 6 head shower design with high toughness & reliability
- Body jets create a soothing, invigorating spray
- Thermal heating technology to bring you warm water
- The automatic device will turn off power if water is too short with some abnormal models
- The heads are brittle, and they can be broken if hit by someone aggressively
- Relatively high in price
- Not as effective for elderly users and people with physical strength issues
- 8 Massage Channel Head Automatic Shower
3. ELLO&ALLO Stainless Steel Shower Panel Tower System,LED Rainfall Waterfall Shower Head 6-Function Faucet Rain Massage System
- High-quality construction
- Easy to install
- Adjustable speeds and spray settings
- Comes with a wireless LED control
- Can be installed on any shower system
The ELLO&ALLO Stainless Steel Shower Panel Tower is a whole bathroom shower system with LED lights and multiple functions. It features a handheld rainfall showerhead with six adjustable settings, a detachable silicone rain shower hose with water flow sensors, a fixed showerhead with three spray settings, adjustable height shower head, and a handheld showerhead with a wireless LED and six variations of spray settings.
The tower also features two faucet functions – the handheld faucet and the adjustable faucet. Both have three adjustable settings. Finally, it comes with a wireless LED control that can operate all functions from a distance, reducing the chances of an accidental drowning.
The construction is made from high-quality materials that will make sure that you have a long lasting and reliable product at a fraction of the cost of similar products.
4. Pulse 1013-GL Kihei II Shower Spa
- Features 101 water jets
- Helps relieve muscle soreness
- Jets are angled to hit you on your neck and back as well
- Durable stainless steel and glass
- Appealing design
Not everyone needs a full-size shower to wash their hair or shave their legs. If you live in a small apartment or travel a lot, a great option is to purchase a shower panel or tower system that attaches to a regular showerhead.
A great model on the market is the Pulse 1013-GL Shower Spa. The Pulse Shower Spa has a whopping 101 water jets that react according to your body’s moisture level, and they can be adjusted to accommodate the needs of those with different water pressure.
Don’t be silly – the name says it all. As the Pulse Shower Spa is situated right in front of you, you can see exactly where the water will hit you. All you have to do is lean back slightly as you shower to hit all the right spots on your neck and back. If you position yourself properly, the Pulse Shower Spa can help relieve soreness in your neck, shoulders, and back, and can even help you feel more relaxed.
5. Rozin Ti-Black Color Bathroom Shower Panel Faucet LED Waterfall Rain Showerhead + Massage Body Sprays + Hand Shower + Tub Tap Wall Mounted
- Easy to assemble
- Has everything you need
- Very low price
- Special LED system
- Handy handheld shower that is adjustable
- Stand-alone shower unit
- Easy to adjust water temperature and pulsation with the wireless, handheld shower
- Comes with the option of having a separate handheld device connected to the shower system
- Easy to install and uninstall
- Includes a wall mounting system to make it more stable
- Colors might not match your current bathroom design
- Does not have a top spout device
- Waterfall showerhead is not the highest quality
6. Golden Vantage 65" Multi-Function Rainfall Waterfall Style Bronze Finish Wall Mount Bathroom Shower Panel Tower System
- Looks great
- Good design for all types of settings
- Easy to install
- Good for water conservation
- Good customer service
- Does not include towel bar
- Not suitable for small spaces
- Slight water leak in some parts
Our top choice is the 65" Multi-Function Rain Fall Waterfall Style Bronze Finish Shower Tower System produced by GoldenVantage. It's affordable and made of quality material so you can be sure that it will last for years.
It comes with a hanging rod, a shower head and a hand-held shower head so you can relax in the best way possible. This shower panel is very user-friendly and comes with a self-centering ball joint that lets you adjust it into the perfect position for you.
Overall, this product is a good investment for any types of spaces, and not just bathrooms. It comes in the best version imaginable, in a wide variety of shapes and models, at a fair price, and it’s very easy to install and to maintain.
7. AKDY 39 Inch Wall Mount Easy Connect Rainfall Waterfall Multi-Function Shower Panel
- Exceptional value for price
- Waterfall feature is soothing and comfortable
- Can be mounted horizontally or vertically
- Easy to install
This AKDY shower panel is the best bang for your buck in my opinion. AKDY has a stellar reputation in this space, with many customers left very satisfied after buying their products. The build quality is superior as this model is made of solid 304-grade stainless steel. It features a water-saving 6-mode rainfall handheld shower head for an amazing shower experience.
This 39 inch shower panel is designed to be placed horizontally or vertically. Installation might be difficult for the weak and elderly, but it can be installed fairly quickly by a homeowner with moderate DIY skills.
The waterfall feature can be turned on by a switch on the wall or by the remote. This feature is known to be very helpful in relaxing the body after a stressful day. The unit also has 4 other strong water spray functions that can all be adjusted at the same time, with varying pressure. The unit connects directly to the water supply so you don’t need to worry about having to buy or install any other additional components.
8. Vantory Shower Panel #304 Stainless Steel Wall Mount Multi-Function Tower Massage Systerm
- Mounts directly to the wall for no-fuss installation
- combines rain shower, massage, large body jets, and a hand-held shower
- Easy to maintain clean chrome finish
- Cannot be used with tub spouts that have pop-up drain assemblies
- Some parts are plastic instead of metal
If you’re in the market for a well-built shower system that provides a lot of options for both style and function, you’ll certainly want to check out this Vantory tower system. The sleek and modern design brings a touch of style to your bathroom, and it’s easy to clean with its chrome finish.
The tower itself has a double-sided water capacity and includes a multi-function showerhead that provide three adjustable spray patterns. In addition, the set includes a hand-held shower with steady water flow.
Vantory does a great job with the install. The shower panel mounts directly to the wall, so you don’t have to worry about drilling holes into tile.
9. Perfetto Kitchen and Bath 65" Stainless Steel Rainfall Waterfall 2 Setting Wall Mount Bathroom Massage Multi-Function Shower Panel Tower System
- Waterfalls at a wide range of water flow
- 2 adjustable settings
- 8 body spray jets
- 5 functions
- Easy to install with clear instructions
- Remote accessible
- Cuts down on water consumption
- Remote control
- Depending on the temperature of the water, it might not be as hot as you´d like it to be. It reaches 98 degrees Fahrenheit, after which the water runs cold. But that’s no surprise considering the size and height of shower panels.
- You can’t adjust the height of the waterfalls to lower levels, although there is an option for horizontal installation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are shower panels a good idea?
Bathroom showers are under appreciated. We take them for granted because they are usually so cheap to replace that we don’t think about replacing them when they are still working. But cheap doesn’t mean poor quality.
Well-made shower panels are nearly as strong as custom built showers and have a huge variety of shapes, sizes, and water delivery options such as rain or custom heads to get the perfect experience. Read our full shower panel review here to see if they are the perfect solution for your bathroom remodel.
Another benefit to replacing a shower is being able to install things like glass doors or a shower tower with lights. Such changes aren’t possible if you keep your current shower.
What is the best shower system?
Based on our testing, the tallest systems we found are the System7 tower, followed by the Kohler Novita. Both of these are tall enough to be used by people over 6 feet tall. Also, the Satin Nickel finish of the Kohler system matches most modern home décor.
The reason most showers won't work for tall people is that the necessary height is greater than the length of most enclosures. Our favorite solution is to add a ceiling extension on the outside or a ceiling extension inside your bathroom. These are more like a tent and can be rigged to be taller. The outside mount requires drilling into your ceiling joist to mount the extension. The inside mount is bolted directly to ceiling and can go around light fixtures and heat/AC ducts. If your ceiling is around 9 feet tall, your enclosure should be able to accommodate a tall person.
Are shower boards better than tiles?
This really comes down to personal preference and the existing surface you want to cover. Some people like the solid surface of a board while others like the styling of tiles. If you have a problem shower sometimes the thought of fixing the problem is harder than pulling out the shower board and laying down new ceram tile.
Tiles are made from heavy duty materials that are usually easy to install. Laying down a tile now is also a fantastic time to update your bathroom with a brand new look. Tile is easy to clean and can be kicked out a few years after you install them if you decide to have a change of heart.
What can I put on my shower walls instead of tiles?
If you don’t want to use tile on your walls, there are a handful of different synthetic materials that you could use instead. While some are more traditional-looking, some of them are quite unique and available in a variety of colors and styles.
However, even though they’re not as inexpensive as tile, some of them can give a really unique look and they are long-lasting. They also won’t chip, fade, peel, discolor, or be affected by water, so you don’t need to maintain them.
We typically like to keep the options open for our readers, so we test a variety of different shower panels and we’re sharing our list and reviews here in hopes that it will help you make your decision.
There are multiple shower panel options available for you to build a custom shower. In this guide, you'll not only learn why installing a customized shower is a better option than going with a pre-made set, but you'll also be told about the hottest brands in the industry currently. You'll be introduced to the different shower panel components, from the shower head to the valves. By the time you are done reading this guide, you will have a clear picture of what exactly goes into building a shower panel.