You can make a small investment in a good quality shower head and receive years of luxurious bathing at home. There are many factors that determine which shower head is best: size, options, accessories, and look. Read below to discover several different shower heads ranging from simple, elegant shower heads to complex, massage shower heads.
Though they are a luxury item, you will enjoy your shower that much more!
1. Speakman, Polished Chrome S-2005-HB Hotel Anystream High Pressure Shower Head-2.5 GPM Adjustable Replacement Bathroom Showerhead
- Upgraded quality from previous models
- Sleek, professional design
- Excellent performance
- Half the price of the superior model
- Sleak, professional design
- Excellent features
I searched long and hard for the best shower head for home use and landed on the Speakman Anystream 2.5 gpm High Pressure Shower Head. The sudden increase in demand for a shower head that works for everyone in the family and all types of adults has now warranted the Speakman Anystream as more than just a sexier shower head.
I found that it is the best shower head (and water saving) I’ve ever purchased. It’s far more comfortable, provides more function, is easy to install, and works great!
That said, this is the best model available, manufacturer by the company Speakman. For commercial customers, you can check out the Speakman Polished Chrome Hotel Anystream H2Okinetics 9” High Pressure Shower Head, which delivers the same quality and performance at a cheaper price.
2. Delta Faucet 7-Spray Touch-Clean Hand Held Shower Head
- Easy cleaning technology
- Selectable spray patterns
- Easy to install with a slip-fit connector
- Includes a rubber sleeve for easy handling
- Works with most standard shower heads
- Available in different finishes
- Extra parts and accessories available
- Have to push the button to change the spray modes
- Force of water from the spray modes is somewhat low
- Setting dial is not well-made, which can result in leaks
For those who have a shower that feels like it needs a little performance upgrade, the Delta Faucet 7-Spray Touch-Clean Hand Held Shower Head with Hose, Chrome 75700-T13-DST could be the perfect fit.
This shower head uses the latest touch technology (called Touch Clean) to ensure that you can easily clean any residue from the shower head.
Most shower heads are made with a metal finish, so they can easily gather dirt and grime. However, this shower head has a smooth chrome finish, which makes it easier to wipe clean.
3. Hydroluxe 1433 Handheld Showerhead & Rain Shower Combo. High Pressure 24 Function 4" Face Dual 2 in 1 Shower Head System
- The showerhead features 24 different settings
- It can easily be mounted to a single rod or wall-mounted with the included mounting kit
- It comes with 3 different spray settings, including a full-body setting
- The showerhead’s water flow rate is 2.5 gallons/minute
- It is a hands-free shower that can be turned on and off by a motion-activated switch
- It has a Lifetime Warranty
The Hydroluxe 1433 is a high-end combo shower system that is perfect for those who want to step up their shower experience. With a generous 1433 gpm water flow rate, users will get more of a rain shower feeling but without the water pressure causing discomfort.
The showerhead features a 24-setting, motor-driven dial that offers a variety of water spray settings – including full body spray, massage spray, wide spray, mist spray, and the two less common and very unique spray settings: Hydro-Mist and Hydro-Chill. The Hydro-Mist and Hydro-Chill sprays are both "light rains" settings that offer a cooling effect when the water hits you.
There are also three different settings for the main shower head – standard, wide, and massage.
4. Ana Bath 5-Inch Anti-Clog High Pressure 3-Way LARGE Dual Shower Head
- Nickel finish
- Comes in three different sizes
- Dual shower head with handheld spray
- Anti-clog feature
- Comes with a 5-foot stainless steel hose
- High pressure and flow – great for difficult showers with low water pressure
- 25-setting handheld shower head
- Over 16k 5-star reviews
This shower head is our top pick because it impresses in value, design, and quality. The Ana Bath is an excellent upgrade for standard shower heads if you want a high-value upgrade with unique features.
What’s cool about this shower head is that it’s available in three different sizes. You can choose from the normal size, a large one that’s 5.25 inches, and the largest one, which is 6.5 inches wide. It also comes with a long 5-foot stainless steel hose, making it easy to reach every part of the shower.
5. Moen S6320 Velocity Two-Function Rainshower 8-Inch Showerhead
- Adjustable with 2.5 GPM at 80 psi
- 6.5-foot hose
- Three self-cleaning nozzles provide intense water flow with just the right pressure
- Consistent rainfall-like shower experience each time
- Easy-to-clean nozzles and flow restrictor
- Lifetime leak-free warranty
- Inexpensive compared to other high-end shower heads
- Some have had trouble with leaks
- No apparent real difference between the two settings
The Moen S6320 Velocity Two-Function Rainshower is a terrific choice for the budget conscious, since it has a contemporary sleek look and offers lots of bells and whistles for the price.
The metal body and components are solid and very easy to install. The showerhead is also a breeze to clean with its removable silicone nozzles, and it has an adjustable spray with two settings – one with a powerful, intense rainfall-like shower experience and the other with a gentle, hydro-mist spray with a softer flow and lower pressure. The only downside is the two modes tend to look and feel very similar.
6. High Sierra's All Metal 1.5 GPM High Efficiency Low Flow Showerhead. Available in: CHROME
- Shower head that fits standard shower arms
- Lifetime warranty on metal parts
- No-click technology
- Comes with durable anti-clog nozzle
- High quality materials
- Easy installation within minutes
- Hygienic and built to last
- Unlimited hot water at your fingertips
- Use's 30% less water than a standard 2.2 GPM shower head, yet still retains the same powerful water pressure one would expect from a larger water flow rate
As I’ve owned a few shower heads over the years, I consider myself an expert on this topic. In my opinion, high-quality shower heads are absolutely crucial to daily comfort, hygiene, and enjoyment.
In fact, one of the most popular design features in bathrooms today is rain showerheads. Most of the newer showers have a rain-massage feature, which enables the water (and pressure) from the shower head to scatter across your body instead of directly striking you.
The High Sierra’s All Metal scrub-free spray is a great invention that makes getting clean fun and simple. Its variable flow limiter technology allows you to adjust the water pressure differently while rinsing shampoo from your hair, which is an effective way to save water and prevent damaging leaks.
7. AquaBliss High Output Universal Shower Filter
- 4.5 Stars on Amazon
- 62 user reviews
- A 100% money back guarantee
- Can be used on any showerhead and even hand held showerheads
- Countertop & handheld models available
- Removes 99.99% of contaminants
- No limit to how many years you can use the water filter
- Great for people with eczema, psoriasis, acne, dandruff, and other diseases that are made worse by water contaminants
- Shower Filter is very easy to use
- Superior quality and durability
- If You Live in an area where the water is soft and has low levels of chlorine, then the shower filter doesn’t literally change your life and might be a waste of money for you
- If It’s Gets clogged, You might have to take it apart and clean it to get it working for you again, but you don’t have to do this often
8. 6” Fixed Shower head -High Pressure Showerhead Chrome
- Affordable price
- Strong warranty
- Excellent for a large home or leasing property
- Fairly low pressure
- Plastic build
- Installation instructions could be a bit clearer
The 6” Fixed Shower head has a much different appearance from the previous two. It uses a traditional shower head design and a standard hose connection. It has a flow rate of 2.5 gpm, so it falls in the middle between the previous two. It also has a low water consumption of 1.5gpm.
It still has the excellent benefits of being adjustable. The adjustment nut can rotate 360 degrees to get the direct the spray that you want. It is also quite easy to change between the different patterns, which range between a full-body spray to a direct straight-down stream.
The anti-clog and anti-leak design has two filters ‾ a carbon filter and an extra rubber filter. These are easily cleaned in the sink to keep everything running smoothly.
9. Oxygenics 26781 Hand Held Sprayer Kit
- Great for hard-to-reach places
The Oxygenics 26781 Hand Headed Sprayer Kit is a great choice if you want something that gives a great spray and can be adjusted to your preferred pressure and temperature.
This shower head feels like a rain shower and works best in a smaller shower area. It’s also very useful in a small bathroom to be able to direct your water flow.
The total weight of the Oxygenics 26781 comes to just under 6 pounds. And it is quite easy to install. This shower head is also energy efficient and conserves water flow.
10. Niagara Earth Massage 1.25GPM Low flow showerhead
- Luxurious shower
- Easy installation
- Sleek design and compact build
- Low flow rates save water while still feeling luxurious
The most compelling thing that makes us recommend the Niagara Earth Massage 1.25GPM Low flow showerhead as the best shower head for both efficient and luxurious shower is its top-quality construction.
The styling is sleek and smooth, which fits almost every shower. Customers also rave about the product’s quality: the no-clog spray is relaxing and makes every shower luxurious.
Although the Niagara Earth Massage comes with a lifetime guarantee, it’s really easy to use and won’t require much need for maintenance or repair. There are replacement parts available for the product too.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best shower head with high pressure?
If you want a strong, luxurious shower head, then you need to check out the Waterpik Ultra. This shower head produces a strong, water-saving stream of water that will make you feel right at home. The Waterpik Ultra is 10 inches in diameter and weighs in at over 1 pound. So while it is a little heavier than other shower heads, it is actually quite light in terms of full-body strength. Since it is made of plastic, it will never corrode and will last for a lifetime.
What is the best shower head with a low-pressure spray?
If you love a gentler, more comforting shower, then you'll absolutely love this next product. The Muscle Roller II massage shower head is made with massaging jets that deliver a low-pressure, soothing spray of water.
What is the most efficient shower head?
Efficiency is a tricky thing to measure. Some shower heads are better than others at producing a few choice things like shorter shower times, lower hot water use, etc. However, there are no shower heads that are truly very efficient across the board.
Efficiency really varies depending on the water pressure in your house/apartment. Generally speaking, it's a safe bet to assume that water pressure is a big indicator of shower head efficiency. Those who have a relatively high average water pressure will likely notice disproportionately lower efficiency numbers for a shower head. Buyers with low water pressure should look for the highest rated shower head they can afford to increase efficiency.
The shower heads with the shortest spray patterns will likely have the lowest water consumption, but you might not like the way they spray. So it often ends up being a trade-off.
What is the best quality shower heads?
If you're looking to upgrade your shower, we highly recommend investing in a high-quality shower head. This will make your showering experience more efficient, more comfortable, and definitely more luxurious.
Are there any shower heads that increase water pressure?
If your water pressure is truly low, most modern shower heads will not be able to improve it. Almost all newer models have the ability to spray at lower pressures. The reason flow control is now standard on all newer models is because the EPA now regulates how much water we waste. Years ago, the only way to reduce water intake was to reduce the pressure. Now they accomplish the same thing by spraying wider and more slowly, without wasting as much water as the traditional cone-shaped showers.
As for shower heads that increase water pressure, it's hard to find a model that can do that unless it is a device used with a traditional hand shower. If that's what you're looking for, though, be sure to see our other guide for The Best Hand Held Shower Head.
Showering is an essential part of our daily routine, but it has the potential to be so much more. You can create a relaxing spa-like shower experience with just a few key accessories. All you need is a shower head that delivers a great stream of water and a low-flow shower head to save on your utility costs. You can even consider a rain shower head to reduce your utility costs further by reusing the warm water. As for the experience, we recommend a fixed shower head that you can position to hit all the right spots. Of course, you can always consider options like a handheld shower head, shower head with hose, or a fixed shower head that attachments to a wall-mounted body spray.