Are you ready to rip the plastic shower curtain off the wall and replace it with a glass enclosure or do you want to spend less money and improve the look of your shower head without having to re-do the bathroom?
If you’re part of the green movement but miss the feeling of a standing in a rain shower, a rain shower head is for you.
Shape matters. When it comes to the shape and size of rain shower heads, a few things matter.
The wider the shower head and the longer the nozzles, the drier you’ll stay.
Rain shower heads also allow you to step farther back, giving you more room to soap up and rinse off.
Shape also adds style, but you can choose from a variety of styles that are the perfect compliment to any bathroom decor.
1. SR SUN RISE SRSH-F5043 10 Inches Bathroom Luxury Rain Mixer Shower Combo Set Wall Mounted Rainfall Shower Head System Polished Chrome Shower Faucet Rough-in Valve Body and Trim Included
- It’s sturdy and beautiful
- Easy to install
- The water pressure is great!
- The shower head reaches every corner of the stall
- It does not leak
- The handheld’s hose is too stiff
- The shower head hook is too weak
- The handheld feels too light
If you need to cut your water bill but you don’t want to make your bathroom look like a factory, choose this shower head. Now, imagine this: You’re taking a shower and the rain pours down on your head… It’s awesome!
The shower head is made of excellent materials. It doesn’t leak and the water pressure is great. The shower head reaches every angle of the stall. The shower head does not slide and it’s easy to clean. The handheld is easy to wash and the hose is long enough for tall people. It’s the perfect shower head!
2. Moen S6320 Velocity Two-Function Rainshower 8-Inch Showerhead
- Improved water pressure
- Helps with water conservation
- Spray features that are well-combined into one unit
- Easy installation
- More than just a show; also saves water
- Lifetime warranty
- Easy to clean
- Easy to change the function
The Moen S6320 Two-Function Rainshower showerhead is the result of a collaboration between their engineering team and the esteemed industrial designer Karim Rashid. It comes equipped with comfort and style, water conservation and energy efficiency, and is sure to help you enjoy your shower experience more.
The 7-function spray features of this showerhead are unique and their function is easy to switch thanks to a simple push-button control. The showerhead has a 1.75-inch face that provides good coverage in your shower and can be adjusted between 2-inch and 10-inch radius.
The cord-free design makes it easy to install and can fit on all shower arms. While it offers many features – rain, pulsing massage, and pause – this showerhead performs best when it’s set to the continuous flow.
3. AquaDance 7" Premium High Pressure 3-Way Rainfall Combo
- Great combination of rain shower and booster shower
- Very powerful shower head
- Easy installation – no tools needed
- Ideal for tall people
- Very sturdy
- Water pressure is a little low
- Too many spray patterns may clog the shower head
The AquaDance 7" Premium High Pressure 3-Way Rainfall Combo is our top choice for best rain shower head because it has everything you’d expect from a rain shower head, but it also adds an adjustable hand-held shower.
The shower head is made from high-quality metal and has 8 adjustable patterns, including intense full spray, full spray, center spray, pulsating rain, full rain, massage, soft rain, and flat spray. Once you’ve chosen the pattern that works best for you, you can switch to the hand-held shower to rinse your body and hair and get it ready for your t-shirt and jeans again …. and avoid the long final rinse with running water that makes a big mess. Thanks to its continuous flow rating of 2.5 gallons per minute, you’ll have plenty of water pressure to play with while enjoying a relaxing shower.
4. 16 Inch Rain Shower Head
- 5 Jet Setting
- Multi Function Settings
- High Quality Product
- Plastic tab ring
- Tendency to randomly open
Ideal Rain Shower Experience,Quick and Easy Install.
A rain shower head can lead to an extraordinary shower experience, especially when you’re looking to relax and destress. When it comes to selecting the best rain shower head, there are many models and brands to choose from, so it’s very important to do your research before you make your purchase. We’ve summed up our top picks of shower heads in this review to help you to decide which model will fit the bill when it comes to your personal preferences and bathroom design.
The NearMoon 16-inch rain shower head is one of the latest and the most popular products in the market. It can be used as nature style rain shower and hand shower with 8 adjustable jet settings. It is made of super strong materials that can last you through the long, hard years of use.
5. Rain Shower Head
- The 8 inch high durable ABS material
- 8 adjustable spray nozzles for targeted water stream
- Each nozzle has a tip diameter of 1.6mm; each 360° rotation has a spray distance of 9.8 feet
- Maximum flow rate of 2.5GPM; an adjustment knob to control the water pressure
- Easy installation, just a screwdriver is needed
- Easy to clean & replace spray nozzles
- Available in 6 different finish colors
- Can hold up to 5.0G of water
- Can be used in both shower-only or with a hand held shower; for all ages
- Great for low-pressure systems
6. AquaDance High-Pressure Setting inch
- Produces a rich and soothing rain sound
- Includes a wireless FM radio
- Features six different shower settings
- Lightweight and easy-to-install wireless speaker
- Works with most water pressure systems
- Spiral shape gives more surface area for water
- Affordable price point
- Slim and compact design
- Won’t take up much space
- Connects via an AUX cable or Bluetooth
The AquaDance high-pressure setting can be the perfect addition to your bathroom for the ultimate bathing experience.
This brand new shower head features a wireless FM radio with six different shower settings that includes two nature sounds, rainfall, and three massage settings. You can also play your entertainment through the speaker on the water head, making it easy to enjoy all of your favorite music during a relaxing shower.
This shower head has impressive features that include two different waterfall settings, a pulse setting, a rainfall setting, a mist setting, as well as a tour mode and so much more! The high-pressure settings allow for more water to be forced out of the showerhead, giving you a more relaxing, powerful, and soothing experience under the warm blankets of water (occasionally you may need to adjust the water pressure settings).
7. DreamSpa All Chrome Water Temperature Controlled Color Changing 5-Setting LED Shower-Head by Top Brand Manufacturer! Color of LED lights changes automatically according to water temperature
- Decent water flow.
- Has a water shutoff valve.
- Very durable.
- The package includes a steel adjustable bracket.
- Rotates 360 degrees.
- Large size.
Giving you a chromotherapy experience that reduces stress.
If you're currently looking for a good rain shower head to add to your existing shower system, then we invite you to read on and find out more about our top pick.
The DreamSpa All Chrome Water Temperature Controlled Color Changing 5-Setting LED Shower-Head by Top Brand Manufacturer! is our top choice, and it's perfect for anybody who's looking for a new shower head that's both high quality and easy on the budget.
8. Rainfall Shower Head 9" High Pressure Waterfall
- 150% more pressure than regular showerheads
- Includes a 64-inch stainless steel flexible shower hose
- Has a 14-inch diameter reinforced ABS plastic base
- Incorporates amazing technology that replicates a back massage
- High-quality ceramic valve
- Variety of settings
- Easy to install
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- Includes money-back guarantee
- Not available in retail stores
All of the shower heads in the market have one disappointing flaw – water pressure.
You probably feel a burst of water in your face after turning on your shower. That’s because your showerhead can only produce so much pressure at once. But when you turn the showerhead selector to the rainfall option, the pressure is very little and you feel like there’s no water coming out of the showerhead.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do rain shower heads have good pressure?
Many rain shower heads are designed with a wider rain appearance at the top. This is so they can spread the flow of water more evenly across your back. The water pattern on these will still feel like it's raining (because it actually is), but it should cover a wider surface area. If you don't have much room for the head to swing around then this could be an issue. But generally, if you have a large enough shower, this is not an issue. Because the water flow is relatively concentrated in one spot, these can have very good pressure.
What is the best rain shower head?
What makes a rain shower head great? Well, there are two important elements to consider. The first is the size of the shower head and the second is the space where you plan to put it. The wider the shower head, the more water it will spray. However, taller showers are better since they allow the water to hit you from a number of different angles.
As for the water pressure, most units use water pressure alone, but there are other factors that can play a part in the overall shower experience. For example, the construction of the shower head can have an effect on the pressure and the amount of water misted when it rains. Also, if you prefer a longer shower over a stronger one, then you might want to forego the handheld feature and get a hand-free model instead. But if you like to hold the shower head while you bathe, then pay attention to the construction of the shower head itself.
What shower head has the best water pressure?
When showering and taking a bath, you want to maintain comfort. While hot water might be a priority, water pressure can be equally important. And if this is important to you, then you might want to leave the highest water pressure for the final step of your shower. That way, you have stronger water spray for step washing and the comfort of a lower-pressure stream when rinsing off.
Likewise, if your shower head is capable of a pressure adjustment, then you can always raise the pressure for that final rinsing, which is your skin's primary defense against irritation while using a soapy washcloth.
Most shower heads are adjustable, and you should be able to adjust the pressure at different points in your shower. Some shower heads have multiple nozzles that can water jets on the same unit.
What is the best quality shower heads?
It's very important to get a comfortable, high-quality shower head for a few reasons.
Now, if you already own a solid shower head and it's working decently for you, then you don't need to make a change for a while. However, if you have a cheap shower head or you live with someone who does, then you probably notice that you aren't getting as good of a shower as you'd hope for.
So what makes a good shower head? Well, the obvious features are a steady stream of water and the shower head itself turning off when not needed to conserve your hot water. But another thing to consider is a shower head with a removable filter that can be cleaned. The shower head itself is also very important. Many lower-quality shower heads don't have multiple settings and also will often break or rust over time.
Our team’s favorite shower head is the H2Okinetic Duet. From extensive testing of numerous products on the market, this appears to be the most impressive all-around performer. In fact, it got a high score overall and is reasonably priced. We also like how it’s easy to install. Our least favorite is the Ultra High Pressure Quadrajet. We think it’s just too intense for regular use (but would be good for a weekend spa excursion).