Some of them just spray a big blast of water and require a lot of pressure to get the flow going.
Some of them use cheap materials and aren’t going to last very long.
Others have big enough holes that they hardly feel like a high-pressure shower head.
Some shower heads even have such great flow that they can feel like you have a smaller shower head with the water pouring out faster. Luckily, there is another way.
Below I share the best high pressure shower heads for a nice cooling spray that gets the job done.
1. Speakman, Polished Chrome S-2005-HB Hotel Anystream High Pressure Shower Head-2.5 GPM Adjustable Replacement Bathroom Showerhead
- Features a unique 2-in-1 design that instantly changes configuration so you can focus on the perfect angle for your bathing experience.
- The multi-function design is ideal for washing your hair under the sink or during shower times.
- Retains the pressure of a traditional shower head while offering the convenience of a hand wand.
- The metal bracket that comes with the product may not be sturdy enough to support its weight.
- The product is quite pricey for only producing 2.5 gallons of water per minute.
With H20kinetic Technology and Microban Protection, 2.5 GPM Flow Rate, 9.5 inch Height, Polished Chrome Finish
This hands-free shower head from Speakman is a must for those who don’t have the time or patience to deal with a traditional shower head.
If you’re spending a lot of time in the bathroom getting ready in the morning, you might as well get an efficient, high-quality shower head to use.
2. High Pressure Handheld Shower Head
- Easy to install
- Doubles the flow rate of your current shower head
- Comes in three distinct finishes – chrome, matte black, and matte chrome
- Features three spray-patterns/styles: normal, massage, and mix
- Handheld shower head is not detachable
- Shorter than expected hose/distance between shower head and hose
- Plastic finish doesn’t match water pressure rating
More expensive high pressure shower heads generally come with a handheld component that you can detach from the wall-mounted fixture.
This more expensive model is great if you do a lot of washing/shaving of your head, as you’ll have this handheld option on hand to really get the job done.
While not necessary, there are a number of attachments you can add to even further enhance your showering experience with this unit.
3. WASSA High Pressure Shower Head
- High pressure
- Long hose pipe included
- Chrome finish
- ABS construction
- Single function setting
- Not very durable
I was quite impressed with the features of WASSA High Pressure Shower Head. It has a water pressure of 2.5 GPM, which is sufficient for power washing and cleaning the toughest dirt, but is neither too strong nor too light to manage your indoor needs. It synchronizes seamlessly with your existing water pressure and flow rates. In addition, the chrome finish is very shiny and stylish.
The hose pipe of WASSA High Pressure Shower Head measures 5 feet in length, which is quite long. I could let my dog take a shower very comfortably and peacefully with it. The pipe is evenly divided by two connectors, one end with a male thread and the other end with a female thread. Thus, the pipe is built to accommodate many connections. The pipe is rubberized, which makes it easy to hold and carry. It comes with the ABS framework, which gives the product extra durability without compromising on the beauty of this shower head.
4. 6” Fixed Shower head -High Pressure Showerhead Chrome
- Large, luxurious spray pattern
- Bottled water-like performance
- Quality materials make it durable
- Great for low water pressure
Screen and Mount Riser for Swivel Installation and Convenient – For RVs, Apartments and More.
The 6” Fixed Shower Head -High Pressure Showerhead Chrome was built to give you a great shower experience at a discounted price.
This fixed shower head is meant to give you a powerful spray to work as a full body shower. It can also be used for purposes like rinsing off your dog or watering plants. You can even use it to power a cleaning system for hard-to-reach areas. This shower head has a spray pattern that will feel good against your skin, and it’s ideal for younger people who like a strong flow. Plus, it has a quality feel, and it’s made from high-quality materials, so it should last you a long time.
5. Delta Faucet 2-Spray H2Okinetic Shower Head
- Faster flow saves water and time
- Easy installation with universal fittings
- Good variety of spray patterns
- Long lasting
- Lifetime Warranty
- Adjustable knob is a little difficult to control
Delta Faucet’s H2Okinetic shower head is an innovative new product that adjusts its flow based on how much water you need, similar to how a kitchen faucet works. It saves water considerably and gives you the option to adjust the pressure when you need a different kind of flow for whatever reason.
This product has 5 spray patterns so you can get exactly what you’re looking for in terms of pressure, saturation, massage, etc. The H2Okinetic shower head isn’t adjustable in terms of orientation, but it fits standard size shower arms and is easy to install. This product also comes with a lifetime warranty in case it breaks down over time.
6. High Pressure Showerhead Brushed Nickel
- Strong solid construction
- Simple, elegant design
- 2.5 gallon per minute
- High-quality brushed nickel finish
- Lifetime guarantee
- Fast flow rate
- Suitable for low flow showers
- Riser hoses are included
- Easy to install
- Doesn’t leak
- Could need some minor adjustments in order to get the best performance
- Could wear out faster than brass or stainless steel bathroom fixture, but it’s all up to the individual owner’s budget to determine how long they want the product to last.
This is a simple, elegant-looking water showerhead that comes with an assortment of convenient features. The filtration system is simple but highly effective.
It’s sturdy and has a high-quality brushed nickel finish. This water showerhead also has a riser included, and it comes with an excellent instructional booklet that explains how to install the showerhead.
7. High Sierra's All Metal 1.5 GPM High Efficiency Low Flow Showerhead. Available in: CHROME
- Quality Materials
- Great Showering Experience
- Superb Value
The High Sierra’s Premium 1.5 GPM High Efficiency Low Flow Showerhead offers an effective showering experience at an unbeatable price. To ensure the best value, the set includes an adjustable shower arm in addition to a high quality showerhead and unified mounting bracket. This kit is ideal for more modern and contemporary showers.
The set’s gently-curved spray pattern is sure to create the soapy lather you need for a luxurious shower. The classic spray pattern ensures that you can quickly rinse your hair, but is still pleasing to the senses. Your outdoor showers are no longer ordinary with the High Sierra set.
Plus, the kit includes a high quality shower arm with a durable metal construction. This is an especially important feature when shopping for a high efficiency showerhead. More often than not, an all-metal construction is required to support the increased pressure created by these units. While metal can be heavy, it’s also sturdy, and it’s long lasting.
8. AquaDance Total Chrome Premium High Pressure 48-setting 3-Way Combo
- Massage and jet spray settings
- Easy to install
- Vast water saving option
- ‗ Great price.
- 8 Color Options: Silver, Chrome, Brushed Nickel, Antique Brass, Oil Rubbed Bronze, Polished Gold, Matte Black
- Can explode if not seasoned properly.
- To prevent injury you must wait 1 month to tighten the supply lines.
- You will need to buy a 12 mm wrench (not included in package) to fix this issue
The AquaDance shower head is the best high pressure shower head that almost every one needs to give their taking a shower an extreme new sensation for super luxury. The company itself is a long standing firm with years of experience in this field. The company is also dedicated customer satisfaction since they offer ideal 3 years warranty.
The AquaDance shower head is made with the most advance technology for a good quality product. It is made with the finest quality ceramic disc, the same material that use in space craft making it weather proof, stainless and waterproof. The company calls this product as the most luxurious shower head because it has all the qualities of a luxury system.
9. TurboSpa 3 Inch High Pressure Shower Head w/Flow Restrictor Melts Stress into Bliss at Full Power. 42 Nozzle Wide Spray High Flow Showerhead Drenches You Fast
- Pressure-balanced twin-nozzle design helps maintain even water pressure
- 3.0 GPM flow rate
- 180-degree pivot ball joint helps direct water the way you want it
- Available in 4 different sizes
- Doesn’t filter as well as cheaper shower heads
- Heavier than cheaper models
- Water pressure could be too high for some
- Doesn’t include mounting hardware
Our top pick is the TurboSpa 3 inch High Pressure Showerhead w/Flow Restrictor that is renowned for its long-lasting life, helping you streamline your showers and save time. While this shower head is not as durable as some of the cheaper models, it’s well worth the extra money because of its good build quality and incredible shower pressure.
This shower head is a perfect choice for those who are looking to add some spice to their life with pressure focused, soothing, and refreshing showers. The TurboSpa 3 inch High Pressure Showerhead w/Flow Restrictor is easy to install – and the manufacturer has included everything you need to install it, including a hard-plastic installation carton and a 10-foot, nylon shower hose.
10. Rainfall Shower Head 11" High Pressure Waterfall
- Amazing pressure
- Built-in rust-free jets
- Doubles as a hand-held
- High-quality build
Rainfall Shower Head is one of the highest rated shower heads with several thousand happy buyers.
It is a super luxurious shower head that adds significant value to your bathroom with its stunning appearance, incredible flow of water, and high-level function.
Other impressive features that set it apart from the others include the SIXTY built-in water jets, two different spray patterns, and the ability to convert to a hand-held shower.
11. A-Flowâ„¢ Shower Head
- Great for those suffering from skin conditions
- High-quality materials
- Quick and easy installation
- Huge flow
- Affordable price
- No water savings feature
- Might be a little too strong for some
- A little too heavy
The A-Flow Shower head makes a great choice for those looking for a high-quality yet affordable product and offers a pump flow rate of 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute). It also has an amazing chrome finish, which makes it ideal as a replacement head or to upgrade your current shower system.
It features a unique technology that is designed to distribute a wide and even flow for a truly invigorating experience. It has a high flow rate of 2.5 GPM and gives you a strong water pressure similar to that of a rain shower.
Perhaps the most unique feature of the A-Flow shower head is that it comes with five-function jets. The five different jets offer a variety of showering senses such as a classic strong downpour, the cascade of a waterfall, a full spray, and more. The jets are made out of the finest ABS material, which is encased in chrome and resist corrosion.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are there any shower heads that increase water pressure?
There are a few showerheads that will boost your water pressure and the force of the spray. The best option is to get a handheld showerhead that adds a fresh spout (or sprays from three or four places) directly in front of the existing showerhead.
This is great option because it uses less water than a separate shower head that requires its own hot and cold lines. We’ve also found that some of the better handheld showerheads are much better than the high-end fixed showerheads available at your local hardware store.
Do high pressure shower heads really work?
Nothing is more frustrating than a low pressure shower head. The flow is always just a bit too slow and the water temperature is always just a bit too cold. Perhaps the worst part about low water flow is that it can take forever to get clean. Nothing is more disagreeable than spending more time in the shower than you really can spare.
With that in mind, many consumers have begun looking for ways to remedy this problem. One solution often touted is a pressure boosting shower head. The logic is simple: if the head is capable of producing greater flow, then your showers will go by faster and the water will be warmer. That's an effective win-win. If you're struggling with low water pressure, it might be worth looking into high-pressure shower heads.
How can I make my shower head high pressure?
Is there a quick way to make a standard shower head feel like a more powerful shower head? If you have a typical shower head-with-handheld-shower, then the only quick way to increase the water pressure flow with just your hand-held is to remove the head from the mounting plate and spray directly into the wall of water coming out of the pipe. Pushing on the hose concentrates the water flow right at the nozzle.
However, although this is an easy solution, it's not a permanent solution. The good news is that you can add high pressure spray to any shower head with a little plumbing sleight of hand. All you need is a single modification that you arrange on the end of your shower hose. Then you will have an electic water flow that gives you enough water pressure for a shower without the need of electricity.
While shower heads are usually designed for all the mass market and don’t necessarily suit people with low water pressure, there are few exceptions. Most of the time, people with low water pressure just exaggerate the problem to sound like they are facing a real issue. In reality, they are not even close to experiencing low water pressure, because all it takes is a few turns of the faucet.