The concept behind the power shower head is a simple, but incredibly effective one. Since a power shower head uses a high-pressure, high-flow water pump to shoot out a jet spray of water, it naturally consumes more water than a regular shower head.
Some of the models that I’ve featured use as little as 5.5 gallons of water per minute and up to 8.8 gallons per minute.
This means that if you have a typical low-flow water system that uses as little as 2.0 gallons per minute, you’ll be able to take a much longer shower without worrying about disrupting your water pressure or having things get too hot for too long.
On the other hand, if you have a pump that output closer to the average 8.5 or 9.0 gallons a minute, then you may find that you are actually using less water with the dual shower head compared to your standard shower head.
There’s another feature that I’m a fan of, and that’s the fact that most power shower heads have useful water pressure control. This gives you the ability to adjust the water flow to your liking and to use less water if you’re not sure how much water your shower head uses.
Of all the features, I think my favorite is a massage setting.
1. Ana Bath 5-Inch Anti-Clog High Pressure 3-Way LARGE Dual Shower Head
- Easy to install
- Great value for the price
- Pressure settings
- Water conservation
- Easy to change settings
- Short water hose length
- No way to clamp the arm to the wall
2. Neptune Dual Shower Heads-Chrome
3. Hydroluxe 1433 Handheld Showerhead & Rain Shower Combo. High Pressure 24 Function 4" Face Dual 2 in 1 Shower Head System
- Quadruple spray settings and an adjustable arm
- Can be detached and used as a hand-held shower head
- Not as restrictive as a standard single-shower head
- Great value for the money
- Cannot be mounted on a shower wall without reinforcement
- Overlong hose (roll it up when installing)
- Due to wide spray pattern, could get some water on the floor
The Hydroluxe 1433 Handheld Showerhead & Rain Shower Combo. has won the Most Innovative Shower Heads award from Good Housekeeping for three years running, and it’s not hard to see why.
With an extraordinary 5-star rating and nearly 400 reviews, it seems that almost everyone who tries this shower head in their home says it’s the best hand-held shower head they’ve ever used.
Aside from its exquisite design, the durability of this amazing shower head is far superior than your classic cheap and cheerful shower head.
4. DreamSpa 3-way 8-Setting Rainfall Shower Head and Handheld Shower Combo
- Top quality and easy to install
- Flexible mounting bracket
- 3 shower heads for excellent water coverage
- High flow rate and good design
- Profile is slightly bulky
- No pressure controller to adjust water pressure
- Does not come with required tools
The DreamSpa 3-Way 8-Setting Rainfall Shower Head (Chrome) will make bathing a luxurious experience that everyone can enjoy. This model is part of a patented rain shower system that features a pivoting base that allows you to adjust the angle of the shower head to meet your needs, so you can get a wide coverage of water from the 3 shower heads.
The handheld shower has a separate on-off button so you can take a relaxing shower without the water attachment as well. This model is also easy to install. The DreamSpa comes with flexible mounting bracket that allows you to adjust the shower head to any height that you desire. You can mount it anywhere, even outdoors.
This shower head comes with 7 different shower settings, which makes it the most versatile of all shower heads on the market.
5. Hotel Spa 1831 30-Setting Ultra-Luxury 3 way Rainfall Shower-Head/Handheld Shower Combo by Top Brand Manufacturer. Choose from 30 full and combined water flow patterns!
- Excellent quality
- Great value for money
- Handheld shower attachment included
- Easy installation
- Cuts expense of multiple fixed-head showers or bathtubs for soaking or filling kiddie pools
- Steer clear if you are on a budget
- Handheld shower attachment is a bit tricky to use
The Hotel Spa 1831 is a set of dual shower head that includes a handheld shower attachment as well, which is a huge bonus at such an affordable price. It should be noted that this is not a set of handheld heads and a fixed head, but rather two shower heads that you can put in any position so you can get the water to go where you want it to.
Installation is remarkably easy, and setup for use is even easier. There’s no water restrictor, as with some more expensive multi-head showers, making for one less thing to worry about when it comes to functionality.
The “rainfall” setting for this shower head is simply designed as a shower head, but the other settings all vary from pulsing jets to full-fledged drenching flows. You can easily switch between settings with the simple twist of a dial, and you can switch from the handheld to the fixed shower head, too.
6. Delta Faucet 4-Spray In2ition 2-in-1 Dual Hand Held Shower Head
- Large shower head that has a good quality to water pressure distribution
- Very easy to install and doesn’t require tools
- Very flexible and adjustable
- Two shower heads that allow you to have a back and front spray
- Very attractive design that will look great in any shower
- High quality of brass so you can expect it to last
- Takes a while to get used to the dual shower heads if you’ve never used one before
- Require 2.5 inches of clearance to be installed
- Does not swivel 90 degrees
The best dual shower head that we came across was from Delta Faucet; it is called the 4-Spray In2ition. It’s an impressive option for those looking to squeeze in more space without compromising on water pressure.
The Delta shower head comes with many features that make it worth the purchase: it’s easy to install, fits almost every shower, provides a very adequate amount of water pressure, and most importantly, it looks great!
7. AquaDance Antimicrobial/Anti-Clog High-Pressure 30-Setting Combo Microban Nozzle Protection from Growth of Mold Mildew & Bacteria
- No need for tools
- 30-setting spray bar lets you find the right temperature and spray for your preferences
- Strong water flow from a single hole in your wall
- 100% Waterproof and affordable
- The button to change the settings is extremely sensitive and can easily be bumped, picking up the wrong setting
- The hose can be a little stiff
- Cannot be used as a hand held shower (no matter which setting it’s on)
If you’re dissatisfied with your current shower head and would like something a little nicer than what’s included with your home, you might be needing a shower head with a little more punch. This shower head does not disappoint when it comes to that factor.
It has 30 different settings, providing you with a wide array of choices in water temperature and spray pattern. And yes, you read correctly. It includes 30 different settings.
8. Moen 26008 Magnetix Handheld/Rain Shower Head 2-in-1 Combo Featuring Magnetic Holder Technology
- Provides 2 separate sprays
- Highly efficient water usage
- Easy installation with magnetic system
- Optimal water pressure generation
- Convenient 360-degree swivel
- Equipped with water-efficient eco-mode essential for conserving water
- Meets quality assurance standards
- Strong grip performance to maintain a strong hold
- Comfortable grip
- Easy to clean
- Water spray cannot penetrate a greater area–still limited to the water outlet
- Quality may vary among customers depending on the set received
The Moen 26008 is without a doubt the best dual shower head when it comes to functionality and aesthetics.
This unique shower head provides not only one but two different water spray settings – an 8-inch rain shower and a 3-inch handheld spray for a total of 11-inches of water spray height. This saves you both water and money because you can have both a relaxing rain shower and a powerful handheld shower.
The Moen 26008 is also designed with a built-in magnetic holder, which has several benefits. The built-in magnet helps make it easier to hang the shower head after each shower. Plus, it uses a water conservation feature, which is incredibly convenient for anyone who’s in need of cost-effective water usage.
9. AquaDance 28" Drill-Free Stainless Steel Slide Bar Combo Rain Showerhead 6-Setting Hand Revolutionary Low 3-Way Diverter
- Includes all tools necessary for installation
- Revolutionary diverter for easy reach
- Seven waterfall shower spray settings
- Six massage setting
- 3-way diverter system ‗ you can use all or just one of the shower heads
- High-quality materials – stainless steel construction with PVD coating
- No tools required for installation
- Quick and easy installation
- The manufacturer is committed to exceeding your expectations
- Available in two finishes – chrome and oil-rubbed bronze
- May not work on all plumbing setups
- Might not fit bigger bathrooms
Our top pick is the amazing AquaDance 28" drill-free combination rain showerhead that combines two shower heads to deliver the ultimate rainfall experience in your shower.
10. Luminex by PowerSpa 7-Color 24-Setting LED Shower Head Combo
- Eyes, face, and skin feel completely refreshed
- Anti-clog, anti-scald, and anti-dust technology
- 7 Vibrant LED colors change automatically every few seconds
- 24 different shower settings
- Heats up in 7 seconds
- Automatically turns off after 10 minutes
- Provides a soothing and relaxing experience
- Can be used in combination with other shower heads
- Nozzle can also be used by itself
- Can be installed easily with the proper tools
- Not for people looking for a massaging experience
- Outstanding customer service — reviewers have praised the company’s interest in making sure their customers are satisfied
This high-pressure water flow gives you a truly invigorating shower experience. The shower head has 7 chromatic LED display that can be changed to any color you like with a touch of a button. You can adjust the settings of the water flow, the temperature, and the intensity with digital controls. You can even adjust the direction of the spray. There are over 20 different color settings, including Auto Flow; Auto Color Change; 7, 12, or 17 colors; a rainbow loop; and fading.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best dual shower head?
Dual shower heads come in various shapes and sizes. Whichever brand you buy, you'll want to make sure the nozzle is strong enough to stand the test of time and hold up well under the pressure of multiple users. It is also nice if the shower heads separate from the shower head arm, as opposed to being permanently attached for easy grip. On the other hand, some customers like the easy-grip, single-unit design. The more intricate hose shower heads are typically more expensive, but they are often better made.
Whatever materials and features your preferred shower head have, you'll want to make sure that they are easy to clean. A regular cleaning is essential, especially if you have hard water. Hard water leads to mineral build-up and you won't be able to enjoy your shower if the nozzle is clogged with mineral deposits.
Does a double shower head use more water?
A double shower head actually uses less water than a single shower head. How is that possible? Because water pressure may drop a little with a double shower head if the second head has greatly reduced water pressure. However, water pressure will remain the same or increase because you'll use shorter showers. And, with the reduced reliance on hot water, you'll also use less energy. So, a double shower head saves both water and energy.
Can you run two shower heads one valve?
The simple answer is probably not.
I had the same question when I bought a home with two, one-design-fits-all shower valve units. I hadn't thought it through when I installed them. After installing the second shower head, I tried to adjust it to a different position so it was up high enough to be comfortable. Unfortunately, the shower heads have to be located directly across from each other so they get water from the same source.
Few people are willing to give up one of their shower heads, so when the time comes to replace one of these valves, there are a few options to consider. Some have replaced the existing shower heads with a new piece of pipe designed to have two shower heads on the same water. However, this hardware tends to be expensive.
How do you use a double shower head?
If you’re a frequent traveler and stay in multiple hotel rooms every year, then you know that there is nothing worse than an uncomfortable shower. Shower heads that are too weak to effectively rinse off soap and shampoo, and small stalls that don’t allow you to stretch out and fully turn about, are some of the more common shower annoyances.
That’s why many people choose to invest in a dual shower head, or hand-held alternative. It allows them to have a full shower experience every time, no matter where they are.
There are also some advantages to double shower heads for your home. A dual shower head can provide flexibility since you can use the massaging shower head while someone else in the home uses the traditional stream.
If you want a really good impression of a shower with two shower heads without having to either build your own fancy new bathroom or re-do your current bathroom to accommodate larger shower heads, you can easily get a smaller shower head that will do the job. There are, in fact, many of these smaller units available on the market. But you obviously still need to choose the right one as you would from a wide range of larger shower heads. For our part, this is exactly what this guide will give you – a head-to-head comparison of the top dual shower heads of the current market that will help you decide which one to go for.