The concept behind the power shower head is a simple, but incredibly effective one. Since a power shower head uses a high-pressure, high-flow water pump to shoot out a jet spray of water, it naturally consumes more water than a regular shower head.
Some of the models that I’ve featured use as little as 5.5 gallons of water per minute and up to 8.8 gallons per minute.
This means that if you have a typical low-flow water system that uses as little as 2.0 gallons per minute, you’ll be able to take a much longer shower without worrying about disrupting your water pressure or having things get too hot for too long.
On the other hand, if you have a pump that output closer to the average 8.5 or 9.0 gallons a minute, then you may find that you are actually using less water with the dual shower head compared to your standard shower head.
There’s another feature that I’m a fan of, and that’s the fact that most power shower heads have useful water pressure control. This gives you the ability to adjust the water flow to your liking and to use less water if you’re not sure how much water your shower head uses.
Of all the features, I think my favorite is a massage setting.
1. Ana Bath 5-Inch Anti-Clog High Pressure 3-Way LARGE Dual Shower Head
- Easy to install
- Great value for the price
- Pressure settings
- Water conservation
- Easy to change settings
- Short water hose length
- No way to clamp the arm to the wall
2. Neptune Dual Shower Heads-Chrome
3. Hydroluxe 1433 Handheld Showerhead & Rain Shower Combo. High Pressure 24 Function 4" Face Dual 2 in 1 Shower Head System
- Quadruple spray settings and an adjustable arm
- Can be detached and used as a hand-held shower head
- Not as restrictive as a standard single-shower head
- Great value for the money
- Cannot be mounted on a shower wall without reinforcement
- Overlong hose (roll it up when installing)
- Due to wide spray pattern, could get some water on the floor
The Hydroluxe 1433 Handheld Showerhead & Rain Shower Combo. has won the Most Innovative Shower Heads award from Good Housekeeping for three years running, and it’s not hard to see why.
With an extraordinary 5-star rating and nearly 400 reviews, it seems that almost everyone who tries this shower head in their home says it’s the best hand-held shower head they’ve ever used.
Aside from its exquisite design, the durability of this amazing shower head is far superior than your classic cheap and cheerful shower head.
4. DreamSpa 3-way 8-Setting Rainfall Shower Head and Handheld Shower Combo
- Top quality and easy to install
- Flexible mounting bracket
- 3 shower heads for excellent water coverage
- High flow rate and good design
- Profile is slightly bulky
- No pressure controller to adjust water pressure
- Does not come with required tools
The DreamSpa 3-Way 8-Setting Rainfall Shower Head (Chrome) will make bathing a luxurious experience that everyone can enjoy. This model is part of a patented rain shower system that features a pivoting base that allows you to adjust the angle of the shower head to meet your needs, so you can get a wide coverage of water from the 3 shower heads.
The handheld shower has a separate on-off button so you can take a relaxing shower without the water attachment as well. This model is also easy to install. The DreamSpa comes with flexible mounting bracket that allows you to adjust the shower head to any height that you desire. You can mount it anywhere, even outdoors.
This shower head comes with 7 different shower settings, which makes it the most versatile of all shower heads on the market.
5. Hotel Spa 1831 30-Setting Ultra-Luxury 3 way Rainfall Shower-Head/Handheld Shower Combo by Top Brand Manufacturer. Choose from 30 full and combined water flow patterns!
- Excellent quality
- Great value for money
- Handheld shower attachment included
- Easy installation
- Cuts expense of multiple fixed-head showers or bathtubs for soaking or filling kiddie pools
- Steer clear if you are on a budget
- Handheld shower attachment is a bit tricky to use
The Hotel Spa 1831 is a set of dual shower head that includes a handheld shower attachment as well, which is a huge bonus at such an affordable price. It should be noted that this is not a set of handheld heads and a fixed head, but rather two shower heads that you can put in any position so you can get the water to go where you want it to.
Installation is remarkably easy, and setup for use is even easier. There’s no water restrictor, as with some more expensive multi-head showers, making for one less thing to worry about when it comes to functionality.
The “rainfall” setting for this shower head is simply designed as a shower head, but the other settings all vary from pulsing jets to full-fledged drenching flows. You can easily switch between settings with the simple twist of a dial, and you can switch from the handheld to the fixed shower head, too.
6. Delta Faucet 4-Spray In2ition 2-in-1 Dual Hand Held Shower Head
- Large shower head that has a good quality to water pressure distribution
- Very easy to install and doesn’t require tools
- Very flexible and adjustable
- Two shower heads that allow you to have a back and front spray
- Very attractive design that will look great in any shower
- High quality of brass so you can expect it to last
- Takes a while to get used to the dual shower heads if you’ve never used one before
- Require 2.5 inches of clearance to be installed
- Does not swivel 90 degrees
The best dual shower head that we came across was from Delta Faucet; it is called the 4-Spray In2ition. It’s an impressive option for those looking to squeeze in more space without compromising on water pressure.
The Delta shower head comes with many features that make it worth the purchase: it’s easy to install, fits almost every shower, provides a very adequate amount of water pressure, and most importantly, it looks great!
7. AquaDance Antimicrobial/Anti-Clog High-Pressure 30-Setting Combo Microban Nozzle Protection from Growth of Mold Mildew & Bacteria
- No need for tools
- 30-setting spray bar lets you find the right temperature and spray for your preferences
- Strong water flow from a single hole in your wall
- 100% Waterproof and affordable
- The button to change the settings is extremely sensitive and can easily be bumped, picking up the wrong setting
- The hose can be a little stiff
- Cannot be used as a hand held shower (no matter which setting it’s on)
If you’re dissatisfied with your current shower head and would like something a little nicer than what’s included with your home, you might be needing a shower head with a little more punch. This shower head does not disappoint when it comes to that factor.
It has 30