For those who prefer to relax in the comfort of their home during an evening or at the end of a long day, a good soak in the tub is a perfect choice.
A brittle tub may be prone to accidents. A weak acrylic tub might crack and might even shatter.
A bad acrylic tub may be ugly as well. But with the right care, acrylic tubs can be beautiful long after their ceramic or porcelain predecessors have broken down.
Here are some easy steps in finding the best acrylic bathtubs.
1. Hotel Collection HLSL57FPK 57" Heavy Duty CoreAcryl Double Walled Acrylic Single Slipper Clawfoot Bath Tub and Faucet Pack
- Solid, heavyweight construction
- Comfortable, ergonomic design
- Sleek and modern appearance
- Made of heavy-duty commercial grade acrylic
- Handy integrated tub and faucet pack
- Relatively small tub
Having a good bathtub in your home helps you relax and feel closer to your loved ones. The tub in your house should be able to give you lots of comfort.
As part of our best tubs review, we decided to try out Hotel Collection HLSL57FPK 57" Heavy Duty CoreAcryl Double Walled Acrylic Single Slipper Clawfoot Bath Tub and Faucet Pack.
It is made of thick acrylic which makes it very sturdy. The acrylic material is heavy and not light, which not only makes the tub durable but also allows it to take up less floor space. It weighs about 128 lbs.
2. WOODBRIDGE F-0001 59" Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub Soaking Tub Brushed Nickel F0001
- Product is well-made
- Easy to install
- Look great in almost any setting
- Takes up to 120 gallons of water
- Its packaging is excellent
- Sturdy, durable and long-lasting
- Clear, concise and easy to follow instructions
- Has trouble fit into smaller spaces
- Not recommended for larger or heavier people
- Some tubs require extra tools and materials for proper installation
And Drain II.
The Woodbridge acrylic bathtub is a freestanding tub that comes with a very smooth surface. It is excellent for soaking because it eliminates the bumps, bruises, and other oversights that you get from other bathtubs. It also comes with a flair at the bottom that creates excellent standing space that is both large and impressive. This tub fits perfectly in smaller bathrooms and just about any other space that you might deem suitable for its use.
The Woodbridge acrylic bathtub is also one of the safest available. This tub is easy to install and can be done by almost anyone that is experienced enough. It also comes with quite a bit of standing room to keep you at an optimal height in the tub, and there are also side splash guards that prevent water from splashing out of the tub.
3. FerdY Freestanding Bathtub Gracefully Shaped Freestanding Soaking Bathtub
- Feels great on tired muscles and joints
- Takes up less space than traditional tubs
- Convenient full-height door
What makes the Ferdy freestanding bathtub great for your home is that it’s ideal for users who are elderly or disabled as it’s easy to get in and out of. In addition, it’s great for baby and toddler bath time, making bath time more enjoyable.
Because it’s a freestanding bathtub, it takes up less space and will fit in smaller spaces. It’s stylish and comes in different colors and sizes, making it easy to match your bathroom. The tub also has a full-height door that’s standard for getting in and out of the tub.
This tub’s frame is made of stainless steel and is embedded in the outer walls of the tub. The exterior is made of fiberglass. The tub fills up fast, and you don’t have to worry about any drips whatsoever. You can also control the temperature easily while in the tub. The faucets on the tub are a standard size.
4. Woodbridge Alcove Tub
- Well-padded and comfortable
- Extremely easy to install
- Heats up quicker than other acrylic bathtubs
- Won’t chip like porcelain
- Drains on both sides
- Adjustable legs for uneven floors
- Great for small bathrooms
- Good value for the price
- Installation is a bit tricky, so make sure to find professional installation if you’re not handy
- Slightly slippery when used
With a simple and elegant design, the Woodbridge Acrylic Bathtub is an excellent choice for anyone looking to give their bathroom a touch of contemporary style without losing on functionality.
The Woodbridge Alcove tub is built with a stainless steel reinforced apron and an easy to clean acrylic shell that’s sure to impress your guests. This tub has an elegant 8-fold hand held showerhead as well as an integral handheld shower spray and nozzles for added convenience.
5. Empava EMPV-WIT373 52.5" Acrylic Freestanding Walk-in Bathtub
- Easy to clean
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Doesn’t require a lot of set up
- Glides around on smooth surfaces since it’s lightweight
- Choice of colors
- Doesn’t come with flooring or floor flange
- The base gets quite dirty and dusty
Nevertheless, the Empava walk-in bathtub is definitely one of the best value acrylic walk-in tubs in the market. It’s spacious, measuring at 52.5” x 25”, and it’s perfect for individuals with mobility issues, since it features a door that opens from the exterior.
This model includes components like a interior faucet, an acrylic shower panel, acrylic internal drain, and a twin-handled bath fill spout. It’s also equipped with a bathtub deck that has drainage access to make cleaning easy. Overall, this is a good acrylic tub for a good price.
6. Mirabelle MIRSKS6030LWH 60" X 30" Acrylic Soaking Bathtub
- Great alternative to cast iron tubs
- Easy to clean
- Budget friendly
- Easy to install
- Sturdy structure
- Stacks well
- Hard to seal the drain joint
- Leaks water continuously when tap is running
This is our top pick for the best acrylic bathtub because it’s well-designed and well-engineered. It is made from highly crystalized and impact-resistant acrylic material, making the bathtub strong and durable.
Since this bathtub is made of superior quality materials, it is a highly priced item. However, with its durability, it will definitely provide you with value for money in the long run.
While this bathtub is easy to clean, it’s not something you can wipe off with a piece of cloth. You need to clean this bathtub with warm, soapy water and wipe it off gently with a cloth to prevent it from having scratches.
7. ANZZI Jericho Whirlpool Air Jetted Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub in White
- Air bubble massage jets
- Waterproof and chip-resistant finish
- Accommodates two people at the same time
- Lighted system
With a strong emphasis on comfort and luxury, ANZZI Jericho has taken freestanding bathtub design to a whole new level. It boasts a whopping 242 air bubble massage jets in total, so you can experience an unbelievable spa experience right at home!
The jets not only massage your back, but the water flows in a synchronous pattern, pushing your back muscles and limbs into the water, while streams of air bubbles massage your muscles. This motion helps reduce muscle soreness and tension, while also improving blood circulation.
The bathtub comes in a sleek modern design with a luxurious acrylic finish that’s resistant to water and scratch damage. The tub also has a built-in diverter valve, which allows you to control the flow of water without the need for a diverter unit.
8. WOODBRIDGE B-0020 L 60" Alcove Drop-in Tub
- Easy installation
- Acrylic is of high quality and durable
- Good reviews
- Right place for your back
- Simple cleanup
- Great for small bathrooms
- Relatively low price
- Too small for extra large people
- The drain hole on the left-hand side may not be a plus for left-handed people
Woodbridge acrylic bathtub has an alcove design, which makes it a good choice for tiny bathrooms.
It is a great idea if you have movement issues as the alcove makes it easier to sit, stand up, and get in and out of the tub. The drop-in design makes it simple to install.
9. MAYKKE Gibson 67" Traditional Oval Acrylic Clawfoot Bathtub Elegant
- Sleek and elegant design
- Excellent water drainage system
- Built-in overflow system prevents water from spilling over
- Follows federal and international regulations related to products for personal and domestic use
- Very affordable
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- Tends to trap heat, which isn’t good for those with sensitive skin
- Seams tend to crack after extended use
- A bit oversized for some bathrooms
If you’re not looking to break the bank while buying a new bathtub, you may want to consider this great deal. This acrylic tub from MAYKKE is a great investment and comes with lots of great features. It’s very spacious with a surface area of 67x33x21 inches, and its dimensions allow it to fit into most modern bathrooms.
One of the best features of this tub is that it has an effective overflow system that will prevent water from spilling out onto the floor. It also has an air-tight system through which water is delivered into the tub and drained afterward.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which acrylic bathtub is best?
Acrylic bathtubs are proving to be an attractive alternative to their porcelain counterparts. However, just because they use acrylic, does not mean they are the best bathtubs available. The acrylic material used in these containers must be of the highest quality. Remember, it is not just the acrylic but the craftsmanship used to produce these that play a significant roll in the overall quality of the product.
As with any important purchase, we recommend doing your homework. Take some time to read about these acrylic bathtubs. Look at ratings online and look at product reviews to get a fuller picture of how other users have enjoyed this type of bathtub.
More and more people who have used both types of bathtubs, are opting for the acrylic. The good thing is that it won’t stay this way for long. More and more great options are showing up on the market.
Are acrylic bathtubs good quality?
Acrylic bathtubs are made of a clear plastic material referred to as acrylic. What is makes this material good is its sealing properties. The plastic is very flexible and soft. The surface is slick and the sealing properties make for a tub that does not leak.
Shower curtains and bath mats are made of materials that are porous so they can breathe. This is why they have mildew problems. Acrylic material resists mildew and mold growth. This feature makes it easy to clean. The tub is a single piece of molded plastic so it is strong and durable.
Acrylic is a very bad conductor of heat so you will need to be sure your bathroom is not drafty. Otherwise, acrylic is a good grade of plastic. It can chip easy but not stain and not absorb most common chemicals.
What brand of bathtub is best?
A lot of the price with acrylic bathtubs has to do with the edge and corner construction. Again, remember to consider the finish as well. Acrylic with a polished finish will cost a little more than the brushed option.
Many acrylic bathtubs come with all the standard features you would find in a typical tub, such as jets, seating, and even soap dish. In addition, there are some extra features that could cost you a little more or a little less. Some of those features include: seating, jets, and even foot faucets. For the most part, the features and prices of these tubs are pretty comparable. However, that is not always the case. Some tubs differ greatly. For example, some tubs have seats built in while others require you to install them separately.
What is better porcelain or acrylic tubs?
In terms of quality, porcelain and acrylic are very different. Acrylic must be manufactured from a petroleum-based polymer and then painted. Porcelain, on the other hand, is a naturally occurring mineral composed of calcium and magnesium silicates. It is durable, strong, and very stable at high heats.
While porcelain is more expensive and requires more hand-craftsmanship, acrylic is much more affordable, especially for bathtubs that are not high-end. It’s just about your preference and budget.
The bathroom can be as important a room as your living room or kitchen when it comes to making a purchasing decision. There are so many elements to consider when redecorating a bathroom, from the colors of the paints used, to the furniture in the room. It’ll be easier if you start with the basics, such as the tub and faucets, and there’s no point in getting carried away when the most basic element of the room is still missing – the bathtub.